Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday...life continues

Good morning, readers.
I spoke with my mother last night for several minutes. I could hear the chatter in the background, so I know things are beginning to creep slowly back to normal....
Isabella's tutor came to the house yesterday; she was very pleased with Isabella and the work she was able to do. I think we all have a bit more confidence in Isabella and just what great measures she will be able to accomplish this year! She does begin her outpatient Speech and Physical therapies today in Dayton. When my sister told her she would be going to therapy yesterday, she got very scared and cried. She thought that meant that she would be going back to stay in the hospital. Please pray for her today that her fears would ease and doubt would subside....
Jenny is walking with her walker a lot, but has not yet started her physical therapy. She did get her left leg caught going out of the elevator the other day (it sounds like it could have been really bad...) and bent it way back behind her. My mom said she cried good tears at that and said that was not the home therapy/exercise bending she was supposed to be doing! She is also ready for the screws to come out of her mouth and is awaiting a call back from her doctor.
Melissa got her cast off a few weeks ago. Also the plate they put in her right clavicle is too big. They will take it out in 3 months and she should not need anything else given the bones have healed correctly :)
On a different note, please pray a specific prayer this morning for my mother. I know she is reeling inside still from all of this. She will be returning to work in a few weeks and able to have some sense of normal life again. Pray for God to give her His strength today, His peace, in a way she can feel and know.
Love you all and thank you for reading once again! I will post again after the weekend or if there are any urgent updates in between :)

2 comments:

  1. We are continuing to read and pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andrea- Thank you so much for posting this blog. I worked with Jennifer in the ER at GMH. I heard about her accident, but unfortunately, havent been able to hear a lot about progress, etc. I even called her old church in Jamestown one day to see if they had any information. Her friend Samantha was one of my nursing students at Clark State and I asked her via Facebook about Jenny and her family. She sent me the link to your blog and I just finished reading every word of it. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. You have a gift for writing, this is a beautiful tribute to your sister and her family. When I was at Clark State yesterday, I asked some of the full time faculty if they had heard anything about Jenny, and they said I had just missed her! When they told me she was just there in a wheelchair, I realized I had just passed her and didn't realize it as her from where I was standing. I am elated to hear that she and Isabella are doing so well. I am going to write her a card today but if you talk to her, tell her hello from me and that I send her LOVE! XOXOXO Darlene Keene

    ReplyDelete