Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Great Weekend for the Laird Family




Jenny and her family were able to enjoy some much needed family (all five of them!) time this weekend. The hospital released Isabella for a home visit on Saturday. She was able to be there for a few hours and depending on that would be possibly granted the chance to be there again on Sunday. She spent a few hours there on Saturday and then most of the day there on Sunday. They were able to celebrate Isabella and Aleacia's birthdays (tomorrow) with immediate family, complete with pinata and a bit of back to school shopping! Isabella showed no signs of being overwhelmed and seemed to immerse herself right away back into life as she once knew it... Matthew did say that tonight in the car ride on the way back to the hospital, he noticed that she was very sad. He asked what was wrong. She was wondering if that was the last time she would get to go Grandma's house. The hospital feels so much like home to her...
I know that when I ask you to please understand the reasoning behind not announcing ahead of schedule Isabella's home visit, you will. Due to unknown factors in Isabella's situation and the plain and simple fact that Matthew, Jenny and the girls haven't been alone together (all five of them outside of a hospital setting) for several weeks, the visit was strictly immediate family. I spoke with my sister last night after Bella left, and she was so emotional. She kept telling me how wonderful it was just to be together again. This time, so rare now, was and is so extremely important to Jenny, the girls and Matthew and rightly so. Thank you for understanding. There will be a day soon when Isabella will come home and life can slowly begin again. Until then, please be in prayer for the physical healing of the family and also the emotional healing of all involved...
My family would also like to offer a genuine heartfelt thank you to Katina and those at Emmanuel Promise Church who helped to organize the fundraiser for the Laird family this past weekend. Thank you for being the hands and feet of God in a tangible way. I doubt you realize the impact you have had on my family. Thank you again for being so giving of your resources and time.
Jenny also wanted me to note before I go that Melissa is getting her cast off her leg on Thursday and the pins out of her foot.

On a more personal note, I wanted to take a few lines and divulge my heart to you. I have talked about how in awe I am of God, His saving and healing power, His hand of mercy in this situation, and His provision for my family through so many of you. I also wanted you to know that I thank Him every day for those of you who are still faithfully interceding on behalf of my sister and her family. I know that it has been over a month now and the ball is not rolling quite as quickly as before. I recognize that if you are still reading this blog, you must care and deeply. With greatest respect, please continue to uplift my sister and her family. I love them so very much. It is hard to be away from them, especially now, and knowing that there are so many of you praying and helping when I can't tangibly really makes a difference for me. Thank you again.

"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall, I will rise." Micah 7:7-8

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful weekend for your family! Prayers are being answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that they could all be together! We will keep praying for them and for you, Andrea, as you are not able to be with them. Wish the girls "Happy Birthday"! What a blessing that God spared their lives...He has great things in store for them! JeriAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I am still reading this, and my family is still praying on a regular basis. I know a taste of not being with loved ones who are hurting. It's so difficult. I prayed for YOU today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our prayers do continue for you and your family. What an awesome God we have. You are pretty special, yourself, to express yourself and your love for the Lord in such a beautiful way and to take the time to update us on the progress of your family. Blessings to you. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome weekend for the Laird family!
    God is good. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful and exciting that the got to celebrate the girls birthday as a whole!! We are so very excited about it the continued improvement of them all!! YAY! Thanks Andrea for keep us all so well informed!! We greatly appreciate it!

    Love, Katelyn and Quenten

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome that the family was able to spend this time together. I know God will continue the healing process and Isabella will soon be home for good. Love to you all,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. We DO care! I love getting your updates -- it's so wonderful to hear how God keeps working and answering prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so wonderful to know our prayers are being answered (and so quickly). I know God will continue to wrap His hands around the family, heal them, and provide for their every need. Andrea, thanks for keeping everyone updated.

    Love,
    Suzy (Bosworth) Stoll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the updates! Everyone is in our prayers and in our hearts. Give the family our love. The Cramer Family

    ReplyDelete