Two months following a day no one expected, we pay gratitude to the One to whom all credit is due. As I reflect back over the last weeks, I can see the hand of God tangibly working in precious lives of my family, sometimes through many of you. I am still so very humbled to realize that God, in His great mercy and goodness, gives attention to our very minimal needs. God placed a passage on my heart to share with you in closing out this blog… Isaiah 40, the entire chapter. I have included several of the verses below…
"'Comfort, O comfort my people,' says your God. 'Speak kindly to Jerusalem and call out to her that her warfare has ended, that her iniquity has been removed, that she has received of the Lords hand double for all her sins.'"
"Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, Lift up your voice mightily, O Jerusalem, bearer of good news. Lift it up, do not fear. Say to the cities of Judah, 'Here is your God! Behold the Lord God will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In his arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.'"
"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span, and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales?"
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?... It is He who sits above the circle of the earth and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, who stretches out the heavens like a curtain and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."
"Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number; He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one of them is missing."
"Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel, 'My way is hidden from the Lord and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God'"?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up on wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
First and foremost, I give my upmost gratitude to God for His plan. With His cross, He gave His son in love that I might have an end to my warfare, a way to escape what I so very much deserve. By His death and with His hand, He has removed the penalty of my sins. For this I am humbly comforted. He loves me enough, loved you enough, loved the world enough, to place in the path of His only son a cross. It is only there we can find true comfort, true peace, true forgiveness. I have prayed for you, reader, that you have met Him there…
Secondly, I thank Him because He rose again, ascended to Heaven and is now there at the right hand of His father pleading for me, for you. What great news! Because He did, we can have a newness of life. There is no greater joy to be found! One day, the One who created, authored, and began a good work in us, will perfect it and complete it. He will tend us like a flock, gathering us in His arms, carrying us and gently leading us. Oh how precious, how sweet to anticipate… I can see in my own life times when He has carried me, gently leading. I can see how He has carried my sister and nieces over the last months in ways they so desperately needed…
He is a God who measures the waters in His hand, marks off the heavens, weighs the mountains, numbers the stars, and calls them each by name! He is the Everlasting God, the Creator of the very ends of the earth, and He does not wear out like we so often do. When I think about the grandeur of the universe, the intricacies of creation, I am so in awe that He who ordained and maintains on such a grand scale would care about one such as me… And yet He does. My way is not hidden from him. He understands all and grants us strength and power when we are failing. The same God who numbers, names, and calls the stars preserved the life of my sister and her family this past July 9th. Next time you are out on an evening and glimpse the stars, remember to thank Him. Thank Him for loving. Thank Him for pursuing. Thank Him for saving.
As the writer of this blog, I have enjoyed recording for you the crevices, rocky paths, and hilltops God brought this family across over the last weeks. Looking back, I can easily see Him moving. In times of despair, the grass was green. In times of uncertainty, the peace was steadfast. In times of rejoicing, the melody was sweet. This God who made a plan for me, for you, for all the world, cares enough about the finite details of our lives. He used His hands to spare the lives of four precious ones and will continue to use His hands to wrought them into something more like Him.
Thank you for the small part you played in this story, for being supportive in so many ways. My sister and her family have been blessed beyond measure in so many ways, directly from God's hand and from yours as well. I know that God brought them through this for a specific reason. While we have yet to understand purpose and plan, we have seen His power. Choose to remember.
While this entry is an official closing to this blog, I will most likely continue to post every month noting the progress of the family. I have wanted to write something conclusive, giving credence and credit where it is most clearly due…
With that said, I would like to ask your help in closing. If you have been following this blog, reading it and supporting my sister and her family, please comment at the end of this entry. You can simply leave your name or you can write a message to Jenny and her family. I thought this would be a great way for her to be able to read just exactly who has been reading her story and praying for her family. Thank you for your willingness and of course for your relentless care and thoughtfulness…
Gratefully moved,
Andrea
"'Comfort, O comfort my people,' says your God. 'Speak kindly to Jerusalem and call out to her that her warfare has ended, that her iniquity has been removed, that she has received of the Lords hand double for all her sins.'"
"Get yourself up on a high mountain, O Zion, bearer of good news, Lift up your voice mightily, O Jerusalem, bearer of good news. Lift it up, do not fear. Say to the cities of Judah, 'Here is your God! Behold the Lord God will come with might, with His arm ruling for Him. Behold His reward is with Him and His recompense before Him. Like a shepherd He will tend His flock, In his arm He will gather the lambs and carry them in His bosom; He will gently lead the nursing ewes.'"
"Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and marked off the heavens by the span, and calculated the dust of the earth by the measure, and weighed the mountains in a balance and the hills in a pair of scales?"
"Do you not know? Have you not heard?... It is He who sits above the circle of the earth and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, who stretches out the heavens like a curtain and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in."
"Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number; He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, not one of them is missing."
"Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel, 'My way is hidden from the Lord and the justice due me escapes the notice of my God'"?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, does not become weary or tired. His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up on wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary."
First and foremost, I give my upmost gratitude to God for His plan. With His cross, He gave His son in love that I might have an end to my warfare, a way to escape what I so very much deserve. By His death and with His hand, He has removed the penalty of my sins. For this I am humbly comforted. He loves me enough, loved you enough, loved the world enough, to place in the path of His only son a cross. It is only there we can find true comfort, true peace, true forgiveness. I have prayed for you, reader, that you have met Him there…
Secondly, I thank Him because He rose again, ascended to Heaven and is now there at the right hand of His father pleading for me, for you. What great news! Because He did, we can have a newness of life. There is no greater joy to be found! One day, the One who created, authored, and began a good work in us, will perfect it and complete it. He will tend us like a flock, gathering us in His arms, carrying us and gently leading us. Oh how precious, how sweet to anticipate… I can see in my own life times when He has carried me, gently leading. I can see how He has carried my sister and nieces over the last months in ways they so desperately needed…
He is a God who measures the waters in His hand, marks off the heavens, weighs the mountains, numbers the stars, and calls them each by name! He is the Everlasting God, the Creator of the very ends of the earth, and He does not wear out like we so often do. When I think about the grandeur of the universe, the intricacies of creation, I am so in awe that He who ordained and maintains on such a grand scale would care about one such as me… And yet He does. My way is not hidden from him. He understands all and grants us strength and power when we are failing. The same God who numbers, names, and calls the stars preserved the life of my sister and her family this past July 9th. Next time you are out on an evening and glimpse the stars, remember to thank Him. Thank Him for loving. Thank Him for pursuing. Thank Him for saving.
As the writer of this blog, I have enjoyed recording for you the crevices, rocky paths, and hilltops God brought this family across over the last weeks. Looking back, I can easily see Him moving. In times of despair, the grass was green. In times of uncertainty, the peace was steadfast. In times of rejoicing, the melody was sweet. This God who made a plan for me, for you, for all the world, cares enough about the finite details of our lives. He used His hands to spare the lives of four precious ones and will continue to use His hands to wrought them into something more like Him.
Thank you for the small part you played in this story, for being supportive in so many ways. My sister and her family have been blessed beyond measure in so many ways, directly from God's hand and from yours as well. I know that God brought them through this for a specific reason. While we have yet to understand purpose and plan, we have seen His power. Choose to remember.
While this entry is an official closing to this blog, I will most likely continue to post every month noting the progress of the family. I have wanted to write something conclusive, giving credence and credit where it is most clearly due…
With that said, I would like to ask your help in closing. If you have been following this blog, reading it and supporting my sister and her family, please comment at the end of this entry. You can simply leave your name or you can write a message to Jenny and her family. I thought this would be a great way for her to be able to read just exactly who has been reading her story and praying for her family. Thank you for your willingness and of course for your relentless care and thoughtfulness…
Gratefully moved,
Andrea
Jenny, You knew I was reading. I'm so grateful to God that you are where you are. My prayer is for your continued healing both physically and mentally. Let His peace wash over you and your family. I love you tons! Beki
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for letting us share in this journey with you. We have been praying for you since we first heard about the accident & this blog helped us to pray more specifically. It is amazing to see how God has worked in a difficult situation. We wish you all the best as you continue to recover. Keep your eyes on Jesus!
ReplyDeleteJohn, Dawn & Megan Wambold
Don't really know you all but I have been reading daily and praying hourly. I'm sure with our children at the same school we will eventually meet. Hopefully soon Good Luck in the future with everything. May GOD continue to be with you. Jessica Rice
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteMelissa posted the link to this blog on Facebook and Mandy (Lewis/Alexander) also sent to me. I've been reading ever since. I'm so glad that everyone is doing better everyday. My family and I will continue to pray for your family as you recover. *hugs*
Kara Lockwood-Carnevale
Jenny -- My heart has been with you and your family since I heard of the accident, and it will continue to be as your family moves forward on this journey.
ReplyDeleteAndrea -- Thank you for your updates and beautiful words. Thank you for sharing the miracles you've witnessed.
With love,
Sarah (Brown) Smith
Jenny, I was so saddened by the news of your accident. I am really sorry that your family went through this, but so extremely happy that God took you in his arms and never let go. I checked this blog daily hoping to find continued progress. I will continue to pray for you and the girls. (And a big thanks to Andrea for keeping us all updated.)
ReplyDelete~Jennifer (Corry) Orr
Jenny, I have prayed for you and your girls/family regularly since I heard of the accident. It was so wonderful the day your sister posted pictures of your infectious smile (even with it wired shut!)... and to see that same precious smile on the face of your girls. God has been good. It has been neat to follow Andrea's thoughts and to pray them for you ... and to see GOD answer prayers in ways that we know it was GOD and not the very skilled professionals, who has brought healing. Praying for continued healing. Kirsten
ReplyDeleteJenny, I've been keeping up with this blog.....you have not left our minds since that day.....I am so happy to hear how well Isabella has come in this time....I am so glad to have your mom back at work with me.... your family is a blessing. God bless you and your family. praise God!!! Wendy Strunk& family
ReplyDeleteJenny, We don't even know where to begin. This blog has been such a blessing for us throughout your journey. We can't tell you the number of times we were "guided" with an overwhelming urge to stop and pray. We are continuing to pray and ask that the Lord continue to hold you in the palm of his hand! Many blessings on your family!
ReplyDeleteRon & Jamie Z.
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteWe have been keeping up with the blog daily. It's been so wonderful to see how God has taken and molded and healed all 4 of your bodies. He has such a wonderful plan for you and the girls. I can't wait to continue to see how He works in your lives!! We love you!!!
Katelyn and Quenten
Jenny - I am so glad that you and the girls are ok and will just continue to get better. Along with reading this blog my girls have been keeping me posted on what they think is going on. Although I think sometimes they just like to decide how things are going. Let me know if you guys need anything at all. Katie Bowen & kiddies
ReplyDeleteLaird and Creamer Family~
ReplyDeleteThis blog has been a wonderful way to communicate to us as readers God's miraculous work in these precious lives. We love you and have walked through this season of your life with you, not visually, but through consistent prayer and sincere concern. We love you and cherish our friendship - Jackie Pyles and family
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your "bloging" your service is appreceiated by all.
You are a credit to your sister and family, Gabe is very fourtunate man to have youin his life.
Acts 20:24
mark crellin
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteI, too, have been following and praying for your family. I have prayed for physical healing and also emotional strength. I have seen how tragic circumstances can effect our loved ones, too, so my prayers have also been for your husband, parents and sisters who have walked the journey and carried the burdens that sometimes you didn't even know were there to carry. The journey is not over, but thanks to God who gives us joy and hope as He continues to provide for your every need. Love you! --Karen Dietry
I have been reading, of course, this blog, simply because I have been also writing it.
ReplyDeleteJenny, I love you and your girls. You are precious in my sight and in His! I have prayed over your story and this blog that both would be a testimony to God. I can't wait to see what He has in store for you, for the reserves of blessing He promises to pour out. Love you, sis.
For those of us too far away to do anything for your family - this blog has keep us up to date on what you all are going through. You have been in our thoughts since Suzy called my mom, Jan. I have cried alot through out this blog and also have laughed about the typical Jenny comments. Having read this blog and hearing Andrea's quotes of Jenny, I knew the same old Jenny was still there. I can't wait until we see you guys again. Looking forward to teaching our children to play hide-n-seek in your moms house. Have some great memories together. Love ya lots, The Hancox & Feezle Families
ReplyDeleteI'm so thankful God has taken such good care of Jenny and her family. Having this blog has helped me know how to better pray for the family. God bless!
ReplyDeleteSuzy (Bosworth) Stoll
Andrea, thank you so much for keeping this blog. Jenny, I am truly amazed every time I look at you or your girls. It is truly a miracle. Praise!! I have prayed so hard for your family and will continue to do so. Your testimony has touched so many. Plain and simple, God is good. Love you lots...Sammi
ReplyDeleteJenny,
ReplyDeleteYou know I've been reading the blog. I feel I have been blessed with the honor of spending my days with Isabella. She truly brightens my days.
You and the family are all in my thoughts and prayers and now in my life forever. Kim
Jenny, I Have been checking this every day since Danielle posted it on Facebook. All your nursing family have been praying and crying and praying some more for you and your family. We are here for you girl, just let us know if you need anything. Love Julie Blasberg
ReplyDeleteJenny,
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you're making great progress and of course I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know that accident won't be forgotten. In addition, Andrea, we, as readers, we appreciate you keeping this blog to update and keep all of us informed of the progress of everybody. I will continue to pray and read this blog from time to time. This blog has touched me. God is really amazing! :)
*Kara Neff* (Cedarville)
I am a friend of Karen Patrick in Columbus, Ohio, and our family has been praying for you. We are so blessed to see how God is shining through you.
ReplyDeleteTina
Andrea, thank you so much for keeping us up to date. Jenny, Bella and family, I'm so happy to see the progress you are making. You continue to be in my prayers. Sandy and Dave, I know as parents and grandparents you wish you could make it all better immediately--it's terrible to see our children hurting--you are in my prayers also. We truly do have an awesome God and your family is a wonderful testament to that. I hope to see you all soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Patti
Jenny- Thank you for allowing God to work through you.... this "time of fire" in your life has only made you stronger and more beautiful... just like gold. Look for the blessings when we don't understand the reasons. You are indeed an inspiration to us all and we love you so much! Andrea- Thank you for your words of ministry and keeping us all of the path of prayer. You have a God given talent! Love to all - Aunt Lisa and Family
ReplyDeleteDear Andrea:
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this blog....have read it daily and could hardly wait for the next post as this helped to keep me connected and focused on prayer requests and praises! God is truly awesome in love and healing of Jenny, Bella, Alecia, Sophia, and Matt. To Jenny and family: stay close to God and seek His will as He has nothing in mind but for you to do well for Him and prosper! PTL! :)
Cousins Cinda and Jon Whitaker
Andrea, Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on the family and their recovery. You are a great sister. I havent exactly read this everyday bc im so busy but ive checked it as often as i can and i have really appreciated all you kind words. Jenny and girls i miss you guys and i hope to see you again one day but if not you all have a special place in my heart and you are like family to me.
ReplyDeleteLove always,
Danielle Lins
Matt, Jenny, Isabella, Alecia, and Sophia,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that everyone is healing and things are getting back to normal again. You guys are the sweetest family and I love spending time with you when we all get together :) You have all been in my thoughts and prayers and you still are! Jenny - remember what you got your skirt caught in your undies at David's wedding?? That was hilarious, but it's hard to think about how much things have changed since then! We all really miss you guys and I can't wait until we can all get together as a family again!
I love you all and please continue to heal so we can see you again soon :)
Love,
Abby Patrick
Laird Family,
ReplyDeleteI give PRAISES TO GOD for sparing and protecting your lifes. God has such a plan for each of you and what a testimony you will have on your lips to share with others. Your sister Andrea has been a gem to do this blog and I give thanks for her commitment to keep us informed as to how we could best pray for you. I have never met you but feel like I know you and your family over these last months. I have many friends and relatives thoughout this great country in more States than I can list that prayed for you and your family. One day by providence, perhaps you will meet someone who when they hear your name will say, "I prayed for you and your daughters and God heard my prayers." May God continue to bless you all,
Lisa Reyngoudt (from Georgia)
Laird Family,
ReplyDeleteOur God is an AWESOME God! He knew the plans for you before you were created in your mother's womb! He has GREAT plans for you! He spared your lives and has allowed this awesome, yet difficult journey. I'm sure there will be rough times ahead still, but He has held you so far and will continue to do so. You are in my prayers! May God continue to use your precious lives to glorify Him!
JeriAnn (Goodbar) Wolters
Creamer Family,
ReplyDeleteThank you for allowing God to be so magnified in this great trial. You have set an example for all of us in how a family, rooted in Jesus, can persevere through anything. You have demonstrated so clearly that the Spirit triumphs over all. As a pastor, your demonstration of faith, hope and love has been very encouraging. I wish for all of us to be such bright lights. Ben Chilcote and your friends at Beavercreek Christian Church.
Jenny! You will never know how many lives you have touched; how many complete strangers prayed for you daily; how many people took a minute to be thankful for the things in life that we take for granted because of what happened and because of this blog. The hardest part is over & now you can get on with life! I thank God for that every day and will continue to pray for strength & healing for you and your family!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sarah and Colton
Andrea, thank you so much for keeping us posted on this blog. You're an angel! God bless your entire family. When going through something like this it brings a close family even closer. I pray daily for not only Isabella and Jenny for healing and strength but for all of you because you have all been through so much these past few months and it is so difficult for the rest of you as well. Keep God close and you will all be fine. Congrats Stephanie on your new baby girl!
ReplyDeleteLove to all
Diana Schneider
Jenny and family, I am so overjoyed on how well you and your girls have recovered from such a traumatic accident. God is awesome! He spared 5 precious lives that day, you, your daughters and Melissa. I pray that you all make a full recovery and put this painful time behind you. Keep your chin up and continue to brighten the world with your beautiful smiles and kind hearts.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Cindy Davidson
Thank you Andrea for the blog. . .for allowing us to be a part of the
ReplyDeletejourney. . .for opening up the window of your heart and letting us see the miracles that God was working. Please know that we will continue to pray for more miracles as Jenny, Melissa and the girls continue to heal physically and emotionally. We are also praying for both families. No doubt it has been difficult for all of you. You are all amazing people!!! Your example on how to get through the really tough times will not be forgotten. You reminded us that God truly cares about His people.
Thank you & God bless you all!!
Darrel & Brenda Hetzler
You all have continually been on our hearts and in our prayers. We continue to petition God earnestly in your behalf. He is able!
ReplyDeleteMike and Zane
"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you."
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteThough I've never met you, your sister Stephanie is a dear friend of mine, and she called me before you and the girls had even arrived at the hospital the day of the accident, begging me to pray. I did, fervently, and still do. My daughter (Ali, 2 years old, Elizabeth's little friend) and I pray for your family every night before her bedtime. It was my pleasure, too, to keep my church family updated so they could continue to pray for you, and to ask other people all over the country and world (thanks to e-mail and Facebook) to intercede for you all as well. Obviously, God heard and He ANSWERED! Andrea, I was so appreciative of your blog, not only for the updates but also for your ROCK SOLID faith that shines through it. Indeed, I admire your ENTIRE family and your trust in and dependence on Christ. Like many others who have commented, I look forward to hearing about how God will use Jenny, Melissa, and the girls, after so graciously sparing their lives and being with them on such a difficult and miraculous road to recovery. May He continue to bless you all!
Lauren Parke
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteEven though I just live down the road I have enjoyed following this journey through you as well. God has worked a miracle and is continuing to work this miracle. It has been wonderful watching Jenny and the girls walk by the house after school is out for the day. They were so excited the day the girls walked down with your mother and the puppy "Rudy". We have always said we were blessed with best neighbors. I continue to pray as I know God is working to heal them all. Love Holly
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteWe all love you and your family. You would think if I can pass nursing I can figure out how to post a comment. It's taken me this long to figure it out. I'm so glad your feeling better and you are all home. Hope your healing continues fast and you can make it to Danielle's babyshower we are throwing for her. I know the class would love to see you again. May God continue to bless your family. He is still in control even when we think He's not. Love you dearly, Katina Osborne