
Three weeks today... It has been three weeks. I can't believe how far God has brought my sister. I really can not get over how he protected her in the first place. My aunt Mary (one of my dad's sisters) just posted a comment on my last entry. You can go back and read it if you like. She mentioned that there must have been an angel at the scene of the accident, "an angel in bib overalls." She is referring to my grandfather, my dad's dad, who passed away in 1997 of Parkinson's Disease. He was a builder and wore, almost always, bib overalls. I have fond memories, all of them, of him in his chair and of course the overalls. I included a picture of him above. You can see for yourselves...
It is powerful to think of the heritage we have. In addition to that, it is moving to realize how God has worked all things out in a way that is so beyond our comprehension... We will never know on this side of eternity just why God brought a horrific accident in the path of my sister and her girls that day. We will never know on this side of eternity how He chose to spare their lives. As I have said before, we can, most certainly, know that there was a reason. I am grateful for the time granted them, especially Jenny and Isabella who sustained multiple severe injuries, and vow from this moment forward to live my life always letting them know how much I love them...
I am moved this morning as I remember fondly my grandfather. I am reminded that God promises us complete healing one day. He has done that for my grandfather. One day He will do it for me. He has worked physical healing in the lives of my family in the last weeks, but promises them that one day there will be no more pain, no more tears. The God who authored our faith will one day perfect it. How can you not cling to that promise? The verse below contains the words consider Him. I wrote a few weeks ago about remembering to stop and give God praise for all things. Today, stop and consider Him who considered you worthy of His life. There is no more important choice you could make...
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross. despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for all the continuous updates! It's been so wonderful check as often as I like and not be bothering the family with questions. You have such an amazing gift with words! Thanks again!
Love, Katelyn
I fully believe that God allows these things to happen for a reason. Probably the number 1 reason is so we can turn them around and glorify HIM and give HIM the credit! Not only for saving them in the first place, or the healing He has done, but also in giving US the strength to deal with it. How we respond is SUCH a testimony to God's comfort and care.
ReplyDeleteJennifer, if you're reading this....heads up....I sent you a package yesterday. Hopefully it'll get there soon! I sent it to the "Creamer" residence. Hope that was right. :)
Beautiful tribute to our Lord and to your family, Andrea. Praise to Him who can do the impossible. Sandra Goodbar
ReplyDelete