Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday, July 14th

I just talked with my mother. I had to remind her that some hills are very hard to climb. Each day will bring new challenges, differences, and most likely a new experience. I believe that after several days of emotional rawness, reality has begun to set in for all involved. While we are all still reeling from the accident and its outcome, we are just beginning to face what is ahead. Jennifer and Isabella have a long road to physical recovery. Aleacia and Sophia have many weeks ahead without life being "normal." There is much still to come and many moments of grace needed...
Jenny began her physical therapy today. It was very intense and quite painful. She is facing surgery on her face tomorrow (Wednesday) at 12:30. She has two breaks in her jaw, so it will be wired shut (with her teeth touching) for 4-6 weeks. She will have plates put in to fix the broken bones around her eye. She will have to be intubated again (through the nose this time), so please pray for her. I know how awful it was to watch that the first time around, so I can't imagine how painful and terrible it must be for her. She was able to see the girls tonight, Aleacia and Sophia. She thought it best before she went in for surgery on her face. Please pray for her peace also as she is now more aware of what exactly is happening with Isabella.
The therapist came today from Columbus to evaluate Isabella. She will most likely be transferred there tomorrow. On a scale that measures through 8, Bella tested between a 3 and a 4. The therapist said she saw good signs and that she thinks she can do it. She told the family that they would have to rethink their priorities and realize that this will be a very slow process. She will be in inpatient rehab for 4-6 weeks and it could be up to a year before she is back to normal. It is more of a long haul than anyone anticipated, but we are still overwhelmingly glad to see those big blue eyes...
Continue to lift up this family in your prayers. Every day will bring something new. I will do my best to help you journey with us...

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Andrea,, thanks for starting this. I'm living in Columbus and would love to help out however I can. I know it's going to be hard for the family to be separated like that. Please let me know if there's anything. Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea - What a beautiful way of using your God given talent of writing to keep us informed so our prayers can be more detailed! I am so happy to be able to know what's happening without bothering those at the hospitals. I am beginning to see God's plan even though it is hard for us to accept. Indeed, great is his faithfulness. Love & Prayers - Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there...my heart sunk when I saw on Facebook that Jenny and her girls were in a terrible accident. We've been staying posted and praying, praying, praying. Praise God that He is our sustainer and ultimate healer...even if it's in baby steps right now...we'll take those! Hope you guys are doing well...I am sure it's hard being so far right now=( Know that we love you and you all are on our hearts and minds!
    ~Aime J. McG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping my work right now to pray for all of you, especially Jenny and Isabella. He is good and near.
    -Aaron Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying frequently for Jenny and Isabella, and for the entire family. I love you all. -Patti

    ReplyDelete