I was driving home from a friend's house this evening. I had called my mom to get the blog update. She was with Jenny at the hospital. Anyway, we did our thing. She hung up the phone and it rang one minute later. I answered. It was my sister. I could tell that she was talking through clenched teeth, but it was her! It felt so good to hear her voice. I heard it a bit before I left Ohio, but it was very different. Tonight, she sounded more like herself. She cried a little bit of course. There was not much left unsaid between us... She moved to rehab today. She will have the wire (actually it is a screw in her jaw that is too large) fixed tomorrow. They will give her anasthetic and either unscrew it a bit or replace it with a smaller screw...
My mom got to spend time with Isabella this afternoon. She took Aleacia and Sophia to see her. I think it was a bit much for Bella. Mom said that she may have been overstimulated. She cried a lot while they were there.
Thank you for all of you who are praying for this family. God continues to show His hand of healing and mercy to each of them. I will post when I know more again...
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I continue to pray...for everyone involved. I am happy that you were able to talk to Jenny. I am sure that there will be ups and downs along this road. Hold tight to the ups. They are precious and life affirming!
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
ReplyDeleteI am happy for all of these updates, and I am happy you got to hear from Jenny! These updates are so touching to read; I check for updates often! The pictures of everyone are so precious. I haven't stopped praying or thinking about everyone. I hope Isabella and Jenny recuperate and make a speedy recovery so they can see their families again.
Many warm wishes and much love,
Kara Neff (Cedarville)
GOOD NEWS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh how wonderful, I am so happy that you got to talk to your sister! It just brings tears to my eyes, makes me think of if it were my sister and I. I am so glad she is doing better and Isabella too, continuing prayers and sending big hugs!
ReplyDeleteAndrea,
ReplyDeleteThank you for this blog. My twins go to school with Alecia and Isabella. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Kim Milliron