
The next few days, as I look back, are a real haze to me. I will give what I remember. Friday morning, just hours after the accident, I made it to the hospital. I was able to be back in with my sister. Tearfully, I watched her breathe each breath. I praised God for His provision thus far, that He had kept her alive, protecting her brain and spine from injury. With each breath, I gained confidence. I remember thinking about how stubborn she was. I remember thinking God gave her that quality for this specific time. She would need it. I prayed over her and asked God to continue to heal her. She opened one eye to see me, but I am not sure if she knew I was there. There was so much going on. She was in immense pain, heavily sedated, and probably still in shock. With a pleading heart, I left her to go to the other hospital to see my neices. First, I saw Sophia and Aleacia. Sophia had a very bruised face, stitches, and was very swollen over and underneath her left eye. She slept the whole time I was there, but they told me that each time she did awake, she was very aggitated and scared. She would begin to cry every time she heard the door to the room open. Aleacia was awake. She smiled at me and I hugged her. Her face looked so beautiful to me. She seemed very frightened also. Next, I went up to see Isabella in ICU. She had just come out of surgery hours before, so it was a little hard to view her like that. Her fracture was in the front of her skull. She had a deep laceration across the bridge of her nose and left eye. She was swollen around her mouth. Her head was bandaged around her skull. She had a drainage tube from her skull. She was very unresponsive to any sort of anything. It was hard not to wonder what the future would hold for her...
No comments:
Post a Comment